1.06.2011

when i don't wear my contacts i wear my regular glasses and my eyes look tiny

my sister whistles and records it
then plays it
over and over again and i high five her
because i can't whistle

we laugh for a long while

my sister says things in french
and i like how things sound
she's learning
she stops saying things
and i stop writing this poem
this pseudopoem
i think she's going places
and i'm just looking at her go

she says forty four in french
(i think)
her hair is longer every day
and i have a ponytail
and it shrinks
quickly
and i hate myself
and then i don't
and then i do

i said i wasn't going to drink alcohol
again but then i thought okay maybe
i just won't drink vodka

cumbia salsa merengue tango flamenco lambada
currency exchange swing

i feel stupid but clever
i think things like
e true bollywood story and
dancing with the hispanic stars and
honey i shrunk your penis and
oops i shrunk it again and
bad to the bone wait that already exists
so i think bad to the boner instead
and then i go back to the original phrase
and then i think about mine and smile
and then i hate myself
and then i don't
and then i do

because the other day i imagined someone stabbed me
while i was in my car in my country not yours mine
and then i thought about tweeting it

just got stabbed

and my dad only calls me princess when i don't wash
the dishes so i'm not who you think i am

i am floating away with a penis made of spam
just kidding gotcha
i have one of those long ballons so i took some pictures
pretending the balloon was a penis
pretending it was my boner
and i failed but who cares
nobody needs my fake boner

during the holidays some family members
call me "the writer"
some people think
they're so funny
shit
i'm just like whatever
when i walk around

17 comments:

Zach said...

swehhhhht

spam boner

RC Miller said...

when you write perfection like this poem, hide it. too late for this poem. I love it.

aaron nicholas said...

good good good !

Parker said...

I love this poem, Ana, & especially these lines -


"and my dad only calls me princess when i don't wash
the dishes so i'm not who you think i am"


Parker

gamefaced said...

vodka makes my fingers swell. like a miserable bag lady with the gout.

Annandale Dream Gazette said...

I really like this poem.

rollerfink said...

You are hi-fi and your sister sounds nice.

Radish King said...

I adore you Ana and I think everything you write is intensely original. Love it love it love it.
xor

stephen said...

∞ <3

DJ Berndt said...

Holy shit.

"and my dad only calls me princess when i don't wash
the dishes so i'm not who you think i am"


holy shit sholy hit

ibm said...

"My dad only calls me princess when I don't wash the dishes. So I'm not who you think I am."

That's just genious! ^.^

adam moorad said...

a positive 12th comment.

richard owain roberts said...

kanye west-esque.

you should write songs. unless you do already, in which case

keep writing songs

Chris Moran said...

"and then i hate myself
and then i don't
and then i do"

this is how i feel every day

i really enjoyed this poem

"bad to the boner," great!

Anonymous said...

POEMS NOT SONGS

henry miller said...

this is my favorite

"i said i wasn't going to drink alcohol
again but then i thought okay maybe
i just won't drink vodka"

also i like the last part

mono magn├ętico azul said...

so then you are a poet
no doubt